Gunner

Default Animal Shelter needs advice: How would you install a steel garage door as a roof over an outdoor kennel?

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 08:08:48 GMT, Bruce L. Bergman
wrote:

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 04:08:47 GMT, Gunner
wrote:
On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 14:24:25 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

So, ya gonna help 'em build a flame thrower mower? evil grinne

donning Nomex suit

We uns here in the Valley are big on BBQs on wheels...so why not a
portable cat bbq?

Cat..the other white meat.

Don't. Even. JOKE. About. That.

(I was about to add "Or I'll hunt YOU down and put YOUR ass on a
spit, and see how YOU like it..." but about two seconds later the
terms "NRA Life Member" and Ex-LEO popped into my head, and suddenly
that didn't sound like such a good idea anymore. But you understand
the sentiment, I hope.)

G but of course. G

I'm at a fenced Condo complex in Northridge today hunting down and
resetting light timers, and it's drizzling nicely. And I run across
an Apricot Tom who says Prrrrrrt!! ( 'Hello!' ) and I get the initial
introductions and pleasantries out of the way /real/ quick, and right
to the Leg Rub - this is an Indoor Cat who happens to be running
around Outdoors.

The collar has a tag, with name phone number and an address - but no
unit number on a 4-unit building. And I forgot my Cell. So I asked
him "Okay, which one is your house?" a few times, and he headed off
towards the correct building. I followed him up the walk to an
intersection. He stopped, and I and asked again, he made a left.
Asked again at the top of the steps, and he picked the door on the
left. Right back to his front door.

Ring... Ring... (And he starts stretching on the door, almost to
the doorknob... Right place!) The door opens, and a nice lady looks
down as he pops inside.

"How did you know which house was his?"

"I asked him." (Like, Duh!) ;-P "He led me right here. Oh, you
might want to put the unit number on the tag for next time, most
people don't know to ask."

"But I called him and he wouldn't come back in!"

"Well, he didn't want to, especially since it was /your/ idea. Now
it starts drizzling again, and suddenly going back inside his nice
warm house starts sounding like a good idea. And Boy, he's sure glad
he thought of it."

Moral: People have dogs. Cats have Staff.

The sooner the People involved figure that out, the better. And
then you can save a lot of money on Psychiatrists...

-- Bruce --

You of course, are aware that I rescue cats, are you not? Need any?
Ive about 20 floating around the property, some ferals, most
handleable. And of course down here in Ontario..I feed about 8 here in
the RV park..most of which are ferals, but they come to my RV twice a
day. There is a big black, white footed male thats currently stretched
out in my lap. He is the local Welcome Wagon..as he brings strays,
abandoned cats/kits to my place and introduces them to me. He will
circle my legs, making come hither sounds to the newcomer and sit
beside me, or nudge the newbie in my direction for a formal
introduction. Its fascinating to watch him bring in a 3/4 starved
kitten and show his new bud, the feeders and automatic waterers, and
make sure the others dont screw with him/her.

The sound of my truck is distinctive, as when I come home at night at
the park..I can see cats jumping fences, and dashing down the
alleyways, the moment I clear the front gates, and all be lined up
waiting for me as I back the truck in to its parking spot.

Besides..I know that if the Big One hits...Ive got a handy food supply
that brings itself to me.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner