Brian Lawson

Default Update on machinist trainee

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 10:34:15 -0600, "Robert Swinney"
wrote:

Very sorry Eric. You just got a lesson in "the youth of today", but try not
to judge them all by that one example. I endorse your idea of trying to
hire another one. Don't give up on kids, yet. I was once a kid, and look
at how good I turned out!

I always recall the way a Supervisor at Chrysler would state
"penalties" for same actions, or in-actions, requiring some sort of
discipline....for instance, catching two employees, one senior and one
junior, maybe caught smoking in a corner that was a forbidden area....
For the senior employee (one over 35), a three-day suspension

For the junior, work an extra shift, and two weekends.

I think the part that hurts most, for most of us, is that you've
mis-judged a character, either as good or bad. That hurts you
personally either way, and makes you somewhat self-doubting for the
next go-round.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.