Eric R Snow

Default Update on machinist trainee

On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 22:36:38 -0800, "Harold and Susan Vordos"
wrote:

"Eric R Snow" wrote in message
.. .
snip----

And Harold, since I pay people
like ditch diggers starting at $10.00/hr, I at least put my money
where my mouth is.
Eric R Snow
E T Precision Machine

And what good has it done you? You received roughly the value of minimum
wage, but paid more. Clearly, paying money for unearned effort doesn't
work. Never has, never will. Regardless of how much you pay, they'll
always hope for more, even when they don't improve their performance.
It's the way people are.

Harold,
The point wasn't that more money was going to make this guy work
better. He was just one sample of people who work for a living. The
point is that I believe the job was worth 14 bucks an hour. So anyone
who does this job for me should earn that much. If they don't earn it
then they are fired. Which is what happened. On the other hand, if the
person earns the money then they keep the job.
Eric
Why do we have to have illegal immigrants harvesting our crops? I get the
idea that it's because you can't get our own citizens to do the work----they
can get the same reward for doing nothing (welfare or unemployment
pay)-----which frees them up to smoke dope and watch TV. NO one should be
rewarded for doing nothing. No one.

Don't misunderstand, Eric. I think you did something very
good-----particularly the pay. I started in the trade, in the missile
industry, for $1.50/hr. Your $14 is far better, at least I think it is,
even considering inflation. I think the point I'm trying to make is that
you could have offered $50/hr, you wouldn't have received any better from
this individual. People have been programmed to expect rewards for no
effort. As I've said, we have had too much for too long in this country.
Your generation and mine have never known hardships-------which is my point,
and has been right along. Until we, as a nation, fall to our knees in
hard times, I'm not convinced it will get any better. I hope I can live
long enough to see myself proved right, or wrong.

Harold