JWho

Default How Hard is Brass CDA 360?? and Related Questions

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article e5Ccf.558068$xm3.306626@attbi_s21, JWho says...

The bushing sits inside the upper triple clamp's stem hole.

Stem hole for *what*, the fork tube or for the steering head
tube?

If this is a double post, I apologize. I hit the wrong key, and the other
one disappeared. I don't know if it was posted or deleted.

It is commonly called the "stem". It is the up and down metal rod in this
pictu

http://www.husaberg.se/EN/images/6426.jpg

You can see it sticking through the stem hole (center) in the upper triple
clamp. I am wanting to use a different upper triple clamp, whose hole is
..060" larger ID.

I think I am
going to try it by hand, and if it doesn't work out, then I will just pay
someone to do it.

It's really a straightforward job. Just make a simple drawing
(pencil sketch is OK) but you need to put dimensions and tolerances
on it.

Jim

If the upper triple clamp's stem hole ID is .984", what do you think the
bushing's OD should be? I want it to be a tight fit. I am planning to use
Loc-Tite 638 so that it hopefully will never come out.

Thanks.