Gunner

Default Has mig essentially replaced stick welding??

On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 08:18:48 -0800, Grant Erwin
wrote:

The guy with the DialArc 250 says he has run it off a 60A breaker for over 10
years, never popped it once. I'm actually thinking about buying it, sell my
beloved Thunderbolt AC/DC, bet I could get as much for the little one as I'd pay
for the big one. Be a big jump in duty cycle, going from 20% to 100%!

GWE

Ive got a DialArc 250 quietly running under my welding table. Run
everything from 1/16 to 1/4" rod on it. Popped the breaker a couple
times with the 1/4" stuff (70 amp breaker) and long beads. Marvelous
machine, great arc charectoristics, very very comfortable to weld
with. "Gentle" arc on both AC/DC. Just a pleasent hum.

I got mine for...well...you dont want to know. But it was
cheap....lol. Wouldnt trade it for anything. Did have to put a flap
of canvas over the fan though...Last time I fired it up, a big bunch
of hornets came out in various stages of disrepair..and none of them
were any too happy......

Its one hell of a machine, of its type and vintage.

Gunner, not a welder, nor does he play one on tv.

for torturing the cat." Gunner