Dave Plowman (News)

Default Wall mounting lcd tv

In article .com,
wrote:
we've recently purchaced an lcd tv and eventually want it wall mounted,
this has got me thinking, the power supply and coax arn't a problem as
these can be chased into the wall but what about the scart leads? Also
the sky receiver can go in another room but what about the vcr and dvd?
i would be greatfull for any sugestions or experiences of the best way
to conceal the 'workings' when wall mounting a tv

You can buy SCART cable by the metre from Maplin, etc. And chassis mounted
SCART sockets that can be mounted into a blank plate of your choice to
match the other sockets, etc. And this will fit into a standard 35mm
backing box. Obviously the cable has to be stripped and soldered - but
this is nothing like as difficult as it may sound if you haven't done it
before. Then having got the confidence you can make up some SCART leads of
exactly the right length to go from the socket to the TV. ;-)

--
*On the other hand, you have different fingers.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.