Tom Nie

Default Please to remember the fifth of November.

Hank,

Boston area - S. Easton 5 acres near Brockton.

Rod & Gun Club end of road, cranberry bog with bass other end. Seems it was
about 35 miles to Logan Airport.

Late 70's - Also seems like $65,000 at the time - imagine that!!!

TomNie

"Henry St.Pierre" wrote in message
. 97.142...
"Tom Nie" wrote in
:

Robert,

I thought that direction, too. Around here and from what I could find
on the internet one of the true heaters would cost a ton (fireplace
type). Even one of the factory techs told me to just go with a regular
wbfp instead of paying for the simple fan type (true heater different
story).

Then decided to grab a Home Depot special at Spring time. Bonafide
wood stove that I'd put in the basement. I'd done that before in a
Raised Ranch in Boston that I had built - worked great. Then I found
out what stainless steel chimneys up the outside of an existent
two-story cost!!! No bargain there and would have to stick up
something fierce above the gutter line to meet code at the roof. Ugly
as hell, too.

Finally gave up and returned the wood stove. Just use a big fireplace
and the heat pump.

TomNie

You built a raised ranch in Boston? Wow. How large was your property? Back
in the eighties (1980's), we wanted to build in the Boston 'burbs, but
finding a suitable lot (size, affordable) just wasn't possible. Still love
the area though.
Hank