Robatoy

Default It's more than $50 but well worth it...

In article , David
wrote:

Another thread asked what's a good gift to ask for that's about $50.
Last year my wife splurged on a leather woodworking apron for me. It
wasn't something I'd ever thought about, but after trying it on, I'm
never without it when I'm in the shop. It keeps the irritating bits of
sawdust off my clothes. I think the one she bought was just shy of $200
with shipping and tax, so it ain't cheap, but now that I have it I
wouldn't be without it.

Just like a fairing on a motorcycle keeps the bugs from whacking one in
the mouth, a leather apron keeps those pesky wood chips at bay.

Dave

I have mentioned here before, that a decent leather apron is a safety device.
I will never spin (hand-held in a big router) a 3/4" full-bullnose bit without
that protection. I use those bits a LOT in solid surface fabrication.
If one of those ever breaks, the height of trajectory of flying metal is right
where I think it would change my voice an octave or two.
It also allows me to do a quick glue-up without worrying about getting any
adhesive on my SpeedO's.