SteveB

Default Has mig essentially replaced stick welding??

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 13:27:09 -0800, "SteveB"
wrote:

"Ignoramus32681" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 11:16:29 -0800, SteveB
wrote:

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
Uh, who was talking about TIG?

I think Iggy is overTIGged with his new playtoy, and sees TIG in
everything
from pasta to toilet paper rolls.

I am definitely overtigged, but the same thing as I said applied to
MIG wi an 11 lbs spool of MIG wire ER 70S-6 costs $26.80 (mcmaster
item 7678A87). Its 5 lb equivalent would cost 5/11*26.80, or $12.18.

MIG wire is not more expensive that stick electrodes. Plus, in case of
mig wire, there are no discards like with little stick electrode
pieces that are discarded.

Maybe I am missing something, I am a welding newbie.

No, Iggy. For a newbie, you are very well informed and on your way.

Steve

Stop by for a welding lesson from Ig.

I doubt that will happen, but you do have to give the man a little credit
compared to some of the regular morons in the group. Like some people who
think they know it all and are above learning anything

Steve