David

Default It's more than $50 but well worth it...

Dan wrote:

On Tue 08 Nov 2005 08:58:07p, "Leon"
wrote in et:

I used to use a denim apron with pockets and found that the pockets
filled up with saw dust. Perhaps it is because the cloth relaxes and
the pockets stay open. How does the leather do in that category?

I use Duluth's apron
http://www.duluthtrading.com/search/...lts/83490.aspx
and the pockets get sawdust in em and I throw a handful out every now and
then, and it doesn't bother me much. Kind of like "Gee, look at all that
sawdust that somebody would be complaining about because I didn't brush off
well enough, if I wasn't wearing this here apron." The tools still stay in
the pockets. :-)

I like that one because it holds the tape measure, square, and saddle where
I can get to 'em easy and it fits good. Plus extra pockets for an apron
plane, twelve inch rule, and a place for the safety glasses when I take a
break. I think I'm going to get mad one day and put those plastic quicklock
connectors on it instead of tieing it up, but that's the only thing I'd
change.

I like an apron because it holds stuff. The wife likes it because it keeps
the sawdust in the shop. Unless I forget I've got it on and go inside to
get something. :-)

I've given up putting pencils in my apron. I keep getting stabbed. My
favorite tape is too large to comfortably fit in a pocket, so
basically I don't put much of anything in my apron.

Dave