Mike Henry

Default Metalworking for Dummies Website?

"JWho" wrote in message
"JWho" wrote in message
Does anyone know of a site or sites with some general information on

various
metalworking techniques, tools and machines?

Thanks,
Rookie

"David Merrill" wrote in message
Here's a few:

http://www.jjjtrain.com/vms/library.html
http://www-me.mit.edu/Lectures/Machi...s/outline.html
http://www.eng.hmc.edu/E8/Videos.htm
http://metalwebnews.com/machine-tools/fmt.html
http://www.homemetalshopclub.org/news/article_index.htm
http://shopswarf.orcon.net.nz/sindex.html
http://pages.cthome.net/errol.groff/
http://www.metalworking.com/links_to_learn.html
http://www.stagesmith.com/Metal-links.html

That should keep you out of mischief for a while:-) There's lots more
out
there. Google is your friend :-) Try various combinations of
descriptive
words to search on.

David Merrill

Hi. Thank you very much. I will check them out. I can't understand a
good
bit of what is discussed here, though I want to. It's hard to follow
along
when you don't speak the language. :-)

These sites are also very good:

http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~chrish/
http://www-me.mit.edu/Lectures/Machi...s/outline.html

If you feel comfortable with posting your location, you might find other
hobbyists in your area that would be willing to show you some of the basics
in person.

IMHO, posting one question per post is better than several in one post.
Discussions here get sidetracked enough as it is.

Mike