Ecnerwal

Default Kroil is Better Than PB Blaster??

In article ,
"Robert Swinney" wrote:

While I use Kroil, I will say this: The preference for which type of
penetrating oil is highly subjective. Ask anyone who recently freed a
stubborn nut or bolt or screw which type is best and he will say, "it was
that XYZ brand I used; stuff is the absolute best there is; why, you could
unstick atoms in molecules with it; fact is there is adanger of that
happenin' so the damned Guvament is trying to control it" etc, ad nauseum.

Nope. More like, I tried that there kroil, and heat, and more kroil, and
this, and that, and the other frigging thing, and finally I was able to
remove the whole assembly from points away from where I wanted to open
it up, put 3 foot extenders on the wrenches, and _then_ I could get the
damn thing to move. And I used anti-seize when I put it back together.
Problem is those parts you can't ever get a 3 foot extender on the
wrench for, or you do and the parts shear instead of unscrewing.

And then I have this other item with an accessibility problem which has
had both Kroil and PB Blaster applied liberally, along with heat and
cold and time and hammers, and is still together as of the last battle I
had with it.

I use kroil, but I'm not at all convinced it's magic.