williamhenry

Default Update on machinist trainee

when I was hired out of high school and had a wife and new baby on the way ,
the shop foreman told me that being on time was mandatory !!

well after a few weeks I had car trouble and came in about 45 minutes late ,
got called into H.R and was told in no uncertain terms that you only get to
come in late once

that the second occasion , regardless the reason you would be fired .....
now I knew why all the other guys arrived one half to three quarters of an
hour early every day

well I held it up for over a year then got in an accident on the way in ,
went to my box and started packing up , when the foreman sauntered by and
said , you get only one late

but you get five sick days , I haven't seen you yet today you must be sick
...... never was a happier young man