jim rozen

Default How Hard is Brass CDA 360?? and Related Questions

In article EZ5cf.524714$x96.174362@attbi_s72, JWho says...

It is for a motocycle tripleclamp, which is a steering part on the front.
It holds on the front suspension units.

Ah.

OK.

Triple clamps and front suspension items are a tad on the
tricky side. If something goes wrong there, the most common
event is serious injury (or death) of the rider.

Because I'm not sure of the engineering that is going into
the design here - was it done by you or somebody else? - I
feel obligated to make only one small caveat:

Any attempts to mickymouse front suspension parts for motorycles
should be looked at with *extreme* predjudice.

That stuff has to be right and it has to be solid. You will
be hard pressed to find anyone who rides who has hand-filed
or -fitted stuff like that. The forces involved are tremendous.

I take it this is for your personal vehicle. If you are doing
it for pay, for somebody else, there are serious, serious liability
issues there.

Jim

please reply to: