raden

Default Immersion heater threading

In message , Andy Hall
writes
On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 23:40:46 GMT, raden wrote:

In message , John Anderton
writes
On 8 Nov 2005 03:03:15 -0800, wrote:

Doctor Drivel wrote:

You put NO compound on the thread. The immersion is supposed to have none
whatsoever. Just clean the surfaces and tighten the immersion. The fibre
washer may initially weep. But as it absorbs water it will expand making
the seal. Try this first. If still a leak after the system has
heated up,
take it off and then lightly smear compound on both edges of the washer.
Putting compound on the thread with act like glue and weld it in, in time,
making some of them near impossible to remove.

Halleluiah! I've seen the light! Drivel said something sensible!

It's eerie isn't it ?

Twice in one week is more scary than eerie

What was the other time? Must have missed that.

I can't remember, but he / she / it definitely said something
uncharacteristically sensible

... **** happens

--
geoff