Andrew Gabriel

Default how to remove plasterboard adhesive from brick?

In article ,
"The3rd Earl Of Derby" writes:
keith wrote:
Please can anyone suggest the best way to remove plasterboard
adhesive from brick so that the brick still looks Ok.
I've tried chipping it and sponging the rest with water , but now I
have a general grey dusty tinge to the brick. Must be a better way?

This is for a conservatory, where the previous people stuck
plasterboard on what was the external wall . I've removed the
plasterboard but need the bricks to look nice. House is 10 year old
red brick.
Thanks

Wire brush

That usually damages the bricks. Either the wire scratches the
brick surface, or the brick surface takes on a metal coating
from the brush wires, depending on relative hardness of the
metal and brick faces.

Probably not a suitable solution for you, but when repointing,
if I have a small number of damaged brick faces, I will sometimes
carefully remove those bricks by drilling out the mortar round
them, and turn them round so the opposite face is outwards.

--
Andrew Gabriel