nospambob

Default CLR - Water Heater

Glad to see/read you're posting again! Our softener is more than 28
years old and maintenance has been replace a valve. Just replaced a
gas heater within 6 months of warranty that was making noise as the
burner fired. Periodic draining of nominal water didn't seem to do
anything visible so I'm wondering about your assertion that softened
water will dissolve the scale that's already built up. Can you
provide commentary beyond that, please?

On 8 Nov 2005 10:41:27 -0800, "Gary Slusser" wrote:

I wouldn't do this but, if you got enough of it in the tank, it should
dissolve hard water scale but... buying a softener is the correct way
to solve the problem. And softened water will dissolve the scale that's
already built up.

Gary
Quality Water Associates
http://www.qualitywaterassociates.com