Koz

Default Metalworking for Dummies Website?

JWho wrote:

There are too many! Everytime I read a reply, another one pops up. :-) I
am such a noob that most anything will seem plausible right now. :-)

Yup. As other's have said, there are (almost) no stupid questions. Ya
gotta learn somewhere and anyone, even the old salts here, can learn
something new from reading answers to the most simple questions.

One caveat though: I suggest you ask what standard practice would be
rather than the "if" questions. A ton of newbies come in asking "can I
build a skyscraper using #6 screws to hold 1/2" thick webs of I beams
together?" rather than " I am planning on building a skyscraper...what
is the usual bolt size for steel members in construction like this and
where can I learn more?" Come in asking how to do something the right
way and learn from there rather than asking if you can do something the
half-assed way and debating about why your plan will work if only you
can use enough tiny screws and duct tape.

Koz

"Rex B" wrote in message

Well, post them all in one message, number.
Those that can answer intelligently will address them.
The rest of us will make up somthing plausible

- -
Rex Burkheimer
Fort Worth TX

JWho wrote:

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message

Hi. Thank you very much. I will check them out. I can't understand a

good

bit of what is discussed here, though I want to. It's hard to follow

along

when you don't speak the language. :-)

So ask! The cool thing about ignorance is that, unlike stupidity, it's

curable.

GWE

I have several metalworking related questions, and I am trying not to

wear

out my welcome. :-)