Ed Huntress

Default Lead part - cast or turn?

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , Ed Huntress says...

Tell us. Do you mean turning them to +/- 0.0002" concentricity and
roundness, like I do? g

BTW, I use Simichrome to polish the axles, after the 2000-grit w/d, which

taught my son to do. He won all three years.

Hi Ed. How're the college visits going?

Good. Two more to go. How about you?

I was getting at the 'one wheel off the track' trick which
apparently makes a big difference. I think it's legal.

I tried it, I saw no difference, but it was on only one car, on my 16' test
track. The biggest issue was tracking straight without a guide track, such
as on a hardwood floor. That made big-time differences on the actual track.

Of course, the long-wheelbase deal is the real biggie, but I don't like
seeing them without a special class. They're sure to win if they're done
well.

Think low polar moment of inertia. g Keep the weight concentrated and
dead-center.

--
Ed Huntress