Charlie Self

Default Efficient security or Keystone Cops

Mark & Juanita wrote:
On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 09:10:13 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 21:26:00 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, Mark
& Juanita quickly quoth:

On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 06:14:33 -0800, Larry Jaques
Oh, and just for the record, all those Al Quaeda boys are all sitting
back doing absolutely NOTHING and watching us **** all over ourselves
with this anti-terrorism thing.

Unfortunately Larry, that's not entirely true. There are numerous
accounts of various attempts to probe the security of our air system, one
example:
http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/morse200510260833.asp

The clincher: No arrests & no known terrorists.

If you're afraid of flying any more, Mark, don't. But no
self-respecting terrorist g is going to be hijacking a U.S.
plane at a time when so much scrutiny is placed on flying.
They have MUCH easier targets which would cause much more
damage to us. That said, the Syrians might be getting a wee
bit anxious over King Shrub's potential invasion of their
country, and anxiety can breed stupidity. We'll see.

Besides, there's not a damn thing DHS could have done had
they been real terrorists. That's the nature of terrorism.
It can happen with as small a group as -one- person. It can
happen anywhere, any time, and nobody can stop it. Vigilance
is pretty much our sole defense. And if you look at the mess
we have in the vigilance department now, we're in deep kimchee,
dude. (We allowed Syrians in with expired passports, etc.)

Wasting hundreds of billions of dollars while gaining absolutely
nothing (and becoming the laughing stock of the entire world) is
-not- my idea of a smart practice. YMMV

You apparently missed my other post regarding the current window dressing
approach being taken to airport security.

Larry, flying doesn't scare me, I used ot love flying, now what I
really, really, really hate is getting to the airplane.

Blaming Bush for all this is convenient, but I guarantee you that had the
other party won the White House and control of the congress, what you are
seeing now would be a dream compared to the clamps they'd be putting on
society right now.

You cannot possibly "guarantee" such a thing. You THINK it MIGHT
happen. Your answer is total speculation, based on beliefs you have
that may or may not be accurate.