JWho

Default How Hard is Brass CDA 360?? and Related Questions

SNIP

... I'll post a link to a picture to hopefully better explain it.

Thanks.

Hi. Here is a link to what I want to make.

http://jasonwho.home.mchsi.com/Bushing.jpg

The aluminum piece is about 3/4" thick. The original hole is about .988" in
internal diameter. After the bushing is put in, the internal diameter of
the hole is about .923". The piece in the picture is not mine, but I have
one of the original pieces, plus another piece that is the proper size, but
won't work in this application. Basically, the new aluminum piece has to
have a hole the same size as the old aluminum piece. The aluminum piece
sets down onto an anodized aluminum or steel shaft (it varies by
application). One has to line it up straight, then it can pressed onto the
shaft with very light hand force. It's not loose, and it is not tight. It
is just somewhat lightly snug. It's the same shaft and shaft diameter
whether the new piece or old piece is used. If one tries to use the new
piece with the "too large" hole, it will rattle around and not line up
properly.

If anyone has any suggestions on how I might be able to do this with hand
tools, please let me know. I bought a shop press, and that is about all the
"proper tools" I may have to help out on this. I can afford a drill press
if need be, but nothing more than that.

Thanks.