Larry Jaques

Default Efficient security or Keystone Cops

On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 21:20:15 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, Mark
& Juanita quickly quoth:

On 6 Nov 2005 01:50:11 -0800, "Charlie Self" wrote:

From an email, called Junk Mail from Bob:

Terrorists are Everywhere!

Baltimore closed down tunnels last month.

http://www.thewbalchannel.com/health...34/detail.html

... and snip of some more

AM radio can't be wrong, eh? snicker

This is one area where I agree with you Charlie. This is a perfect
example of our government learning exactly the wrong thing from an event.

You got it in one.

What 9/11 taught us was not that there were weapons on a plane that
shouldn't have been there, what 9/11 taught us were two primary lessons:
1) there weren't enough private citizens on board those planes with the
means to defend themselves, and more importantly
2) the claptrap mantra that, "in the event of a hijacking (or other crime),
the victims should docilely go along with the thugs' wishes and no-one, or
fewer people will get hurt" was proven to be the bogus bunch of hooey that
it is. The people on the plane that went down in Pennsylvania got it,
apparently the bureaucrats and government statists did not.

Right.

The American flying public learned those lessons, thus the capture of the
shoe-bomber (even though he was an apparent idiot) and several other
instances in which, what would have been the victims in the past, have
overpowered and subdued would-be hijackers.

I climbed on a plane less than an hour after the shoe-bomber was
caught. Guess what the San Diego security had me do? I was the first
person in line (that I saw this happen to, anyway) to have to remove
my shoes and belt to have them scanned. And I was personally frisked.
I wanted to ask the gal if she'd do it but a guy jumped up instead.

It is very unlikely that a plane full of passengers will sit still for
any type of attempt to take over a flight in the future. What the current
stupidity and window dressing being done by the TSA goons is doing is
taking away useful tools from those potential victims, meaning that the

Like our lethal 1.5" long pocket knives? chortle Just to prove what
a total crock airport security was, I carried a brand new, freshly-
sharpened pencil in my shirt pocket, sharp point UP and in clear view.
Said lead came within a foot and a half of the TSA inspector, who said
nothing and didn't even eyeball the thing. He did, however, catch the
lethal weapon behind me. A pair of round-point bandage scissors which
hadn't been opened up so they could see the round points. The lethal
blades on that thing were nearly an inch long!

possibility for injury to themselves will be greater when dealing with
better armed adversaries who have circumvented the window dressing. All
the thugs have to do is look middle-eastern and well-lawyered and TSA won't
touch them -- passing them through checkpoints with barely a glance to
avoid any possible ramifications from the ACLU. Instead the TSA will opt
to strip search a few 90 year old grandmothers in wheelchairs or balding,
middle-aged white guys in suits (or a few medal of honor winners).

Ain't profiling fun? Our tax dollars at work. big sigh

Poverty is easy. * http://diversify.com
It's Charity and Chastity that are hard. * Data-based Website Design