Default What is it? LXXXVI

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 22:31:07 +0100, (Nick Müller)
wrote:

John Martin wrote:

You're right, Nick - it's a key slot and has nothing to do with
expansion or contraction.

It's not that I want to be right, I want to understand why it is the way
it is. For that application, the key slot is quite odd, so I think the
usage is something different.

Same here. I could almost swear there was a set screw affair like
that on an old Singer tredle machine I tore apart once. Seemed that
th' keyed portion of th' shaft it fit over was about 2" long. Don't
recall what it's location on that shaft actually did tho.

Snarl