Andy

Default What to Ask for Christmas?

The Mk.II honing guide is at the top of my LV wishlist, which I will
soon be distributing to both sides of the family.
Other things I'm asking for include more clamps (of course), a few
books, drum sander, maybe router bits, etc. I'm kind of thinking about
the Infinitytools rabbet combo router bit kit, with 1" cutting height.
As far as favorite tools I currently own, I also really like my dial
caliper (Mitutoyo), but it'd save time if it were in fraction instead
of decimal - as it is, I keep a conversion chart handy. Another useful
gadget (for woodworking and everything else) is a dremmel-type rotary
tool with a bunch of accessories. One final thing I'm always happy
about is a really nice, comfortable pair of safety glasses that aren't
all scratched up - but SWMBO gets those (even the nice ones) free from
work.
One of my favorite gifts that's totally unrelated to woodworking is a
Gore-tex rain hat (OR Seattle Sombrero) - if you spend much time
outside where it rains, it's wonderful. You can hear and see, unlike a
raincoat hood, you don't have to carry an umbrella, and your neck still
stays dry. Spiffy.
Merry Christmas,
Andy