Barry Lennox

Default Newbie needs plans for Adirondack chair

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 03:34:16 GMT, "Roto Daddy"
wrote:

I am new to this group and really just starting to get interested in
woodworking. Does anyone know of some simple yet complete plans for an
adirondack chair. So far the best bet seems to be a chair called, "Jake's
Chair." Any suggestions/advice for a newbie???

I went around and around on Adirondack chair plans a few months ago. I
looked hard at "Jakes Chair" but decided it was a bit ugly. In the end
I used the design (It's not really a plan) from FWW of May/June 1999.
It's quite attractive and very comfortable. I have built 3 for my own
use, and have built some for friends, etc, with more orders waiting.

The first one took about 5 hours to build. But now I have templates
and jigs, and can turn out 3 in a morning, excluding painting or
finishing.

Barry Lennox