Nick Müller

Default Turn your Trav-A-Dial into DRO kit proposal

Eric R Snow wrote:

It looks like, to me, that your scale reader will not work with the
encoder I would use just because the signals are different.

Yes, what you have described is a quadrature encoder. This would require
a different (or modified) digital interface. If you look a shumatech.com
there is such a interface. It reads from a quadrature encoder and on the
other end behaves like a chinese scale. That's what uC are for and very
good in. You should have a look at them. Big fun! Sell your
74xxx-collection at eBay. :-)

My scheme for counting can all be done with logic circuits.

The good old TTL-times. Do they still exist in underground? :-))

There is no absolute position from the encoder.

That doesn't matter. The chinese stuff neither has. You always have to
set a reference point.

But coming back to your TTL-grave (as we call it). How's the output? Do
you intend to directly drive 7-segment LEDs (or such)?

Nick
--
Motor Modelle // Engine Models
http://www.motor-manufaktur.de