Eric R Snow

Default Turn your Trav-A-Dial into DRO kit proposal

On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 19:37:44 +0100, (Nick Müller)
wrote:

Eric R Snow wrote:

So, anybody interested? Should I try to develop this?

Not that I'd like to have one (for now). But I'd like to integrate it
into my YADRO-project (a DIY-DRO).
If you see any chances that we agree upon a protocol, I'd like to make
the additions to my software.

YADRO can be found he
http://www.motor-manufaktur.de/werkstatt/09_yadro/en_index.html

Enjoy

Nick

Greetings Nick,
It looks like, to me, that your scale reader will not work with the
encoder I would use just because the signals are different. The
encoder pulses are simple: A high, B high, A low, B low. High is +5
volts, low is zero volts. When spinning the other direction B leads A.
So the display knows whether to increment or decrement the number
displayed. That said, I'm no electronics guy but you can probably
use your display scheme with different inputs. Since it is software
driven that should be easy for you considering the work you have
already posted about YADRO. My scheme for counting can all be done
with logic circuits. There is no absolute position from the encoder.
And I have to look at the spec sheets of various devices and sample
circuits to come up with electronic designs.
Cheers,
Eric