Steve Gouldstone

Default Immersion heater threading

On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 09:45:54 +0000, Steve Gouldstone
wrote:
My hot water tank has wiring for an immersion heater, but one isn't
fitted. The tank, I would guess is about 20 years old.

Is the fitting standard - ie can I just buy an immersion heater and be
sure it will fit?

Yes I think the little thermostat 'is' something to do with the
central heating, nothing to do with the immersion heater, I will leave
well alone.

There is a separate power supply in the airing cupboard with it's own
fusebox switch (next to the electricity consumer unit) marked 'shower'
(though no shower was ever fitted). This is a pretty hefty cable.

I think I could use this for an immersion heater. I will get someonje
in to look at it I think.

Thanks for all help.