Greg G.

Default Efficient security or Keystone Cops

Mark & Juanita said:

On 6 Nov 2005 01:50:11 -0800, "Charlie Self" wrote:

From an email, called Junk Mail from Bob:

Terrorists are Everywhere!

Baltimore closed down tunnels last month.

http://www.thewbalchannel.com/health...34/detail.html

.... and snip of some more

It is very unlikely that a plane full of passengers will sit still for
any type of attempt to take over a flight in the future. What the current
stupidity and window dressing being done by the TSA goons is doing is
taking away useful tools from those potential victims, meaning that the
possibility for injury to themselves will be greater when dealing with
better armed adversaries who have circumvented the window dressing. All

[TOT]
Which is one reason I don't believe in gun abolition.
(I think it's all there - just read it.)
Don't _want_ to use it, play with it, obsess over it, treat it as part
of the family - but it IS there if I _have_ to use it.
A reasonable deterrent to terrorism, tyranny, yadda, yadda...
(But not in bars, planes, malls, schools, asylums, etc, etc.)
[/TOT]

the thugs have to do is look middle-eastern and well-lawyered and TSA won't
touch them -- passing them through checkpoints with barely a glance to
avoid any possible ramifications from the ACLU. Instead the TSA will opt
to strip search a few 90 year old grandmothers in wheelchairs or balding,
middle-aged white guys in suits (or a few medal of honor winners).

Don't forget Cat Stephens and one obviously middle class couple on
their way home from vacation. :-\

Greg G.