Gary Brady

Default Newbie he Where to get metal cheap?

User Example wrote:
I was just asking for general ideas. But I am in Austin, TX, so if there
are any locals who can offer specifics that would be nice too.

I just stumbled onto this thread, but I'll second the motion that Steve
made on Commercial Metals on Industrial Blvd. I've picked up several
pieces of round stock there that, while of unknown content, are not mild
steel and are pretty good to play with on a lathe. Lots of structural
pieces, angles, plates and such, in small chunks, too.

And, now that it's cool, I could probably be talked into casting some
aluminum into some special shape, if you need that. :)
--
Gary Brady
Austin, TX