Default Fitting a dimmer switch to a floor lamp - No Earth

Hi,

managed to take the dimmer out and reconnect the wires over the weekend
and the lamp still works so it was the dimmer that went bang and not
the transformer. It still resembles having the a small piece of the
sun in the corner of the room though, so as per another poster, I am
going to buy some 12V5W G4 bulbs (see link below) to replace the 12V10W
ones that are currently in it.

One last question? Will I be able to mix 12V10W and 12V5W bulbs?

Cheers, and thanks for all your help,

Colin

http://www.moltengold.com/cgi-bin/eB...test.bulbs.htm

John White wrote:
On 1 Nov 2005 06:26:13 -0800, wrote:

Also below the actual bulbs on each arm, is a sticky label stating "G4
MAX 10W". Does this mean I can get other "G4" bulbs, that are less
than 10W that would be dimmer than the current 10W ones?

Like this?
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/LAM91.html

They may exist but I don't know of any G4 bulbs less than 10W..

John
--
John White
SCA Electrical, Manchester http://www.scaelectrical.co.uk/