N. Thornton

Default Adding a basin to a toilet with no route for basin waste pipe

Andy Hall wrote in message . ..
On 21 Jul 2004 03:54:12 -0700, (N. Thornton) wrote:
"John" wrote in message ...

Toby gave a good response. Bear in mind that houses get sold - would anyone
want to buy a house with some of the weird bodges suggested?

Well done Toby.

Why would you describe grey water recycling system as a bodge? I think
it should be common practice, our present setups are pointlessly
wasteful, and using grey water in loo cisterns has a proven history of
working fine.

What a surveyor thinks of it is going to depends on level of
knowledge, and for the ignorant ones, whether you point out that its a
grey water recycling system. In reality water recycling is a positive
feature.

Regards, NT

No doubt that this would work. One could redirect waste water from
baths, showers and handbasins into a tank and use it for toilet
flushing. To do it properly so that it is not intrusive and does
not look like a bodge is going to require some work. Then there is
the issue that filtering and a pump is going to be required, so it is
not without maintenance and running cost.

It may be positive to you. To other people it represents re-use of
dirty water and be a turn off with respect to buying a house,
especially if done badly.

I know. Some will like it, most wont... if you have a collection of
features like that you may get a buyer that loves it. Just one such
feature would turn 99% of buyers off probably. Shame folk are so
shallow.

Regards, NT