Pop

Default Stud finder - buying advice?

I only bought the one I could find specs for. I was pretty
amazed to notice the specs on a lot of them were +/- 1/2" or
more! And the cheap ones don't have any specs at all. Anyway, I
buy by the numbers, so to speak. That in turn means you have to
buy from a place that specializes in that kind of equipment, not
an RS or Sears etc..

HTH,
Pop

"All Thumbs" wrote in message
:I have an inexpensive stud finder that doesn't seem to work too
well.
: The local big box stores carry models ranging from around $10
to over
: $50. Of course, the pricier ones come with more features - like
: detection/location of AC lines and metal pipes. Some are
integrated with
: a laser level.
:
: In your experience, is it worth the money to get a
pricier/fancier model
: as opposed to a basic one?