Greg G.

Default Please to remember the fifth of November.

Tom Nie said:

Greg,
Unsure how long this advantage will hold up but my new place has a Trane 13
SEER heat pump with variable speed air handler. My bills are reasonable,
even cheap comparatively, and you can't hear a sound or find cold/hot spots.

Heat pumps are popular in Florida (lived 10 yrs), and you almost never
see anything else. But they're not so common here (Atlanta), and you
end up using the resistance heater more often, AFAIK.
But this gas business...

We live in North Carolina and winters will get down to single digits briefly
and the teens commonly. Summers to high 90's. I used to swear by natural gas
until my winter dry, itchy skin flakes largely went away with a heat pump.

About the same here - maybe a little warmer.
I installed a humidifier on the furnace, so the 'dry air' and warping
doors haven't been as much of a problem.

I mention the brand because they did an awesome job of backing their product
in a bad situation at another house when I got a replacement. That
replacement unit is the one that convinced me to stay with electricity.

Me Like Quality! ;-)
Me Not Like Builder Special. :-(

Thanks,

Greg G.