Greg G.

Default Cutting parts for segmented vessels

Owen Lowe said:

In article ,
Greg wrote:

Thanks, this is usable information.
Does he use a CMS, or cut by hand?

snip
I'll look into it, thanks.
Do ya loan out videos to strangers in GA?
I promise to mail it back the next day... ;-)

Boilerplate when the same question is on both groups - I also do it for
someone searching for the info a year or five from now who might not
check the "wreck".

I didn't mean to post it there... really...

I didn't think of that... I usually set X-NoArchive - but I think I
turned it off in these two groups. Archives are kinda scary when you
think about it...

And it does seem quite the "wreck" these days...

Theobald uses a CMS as I recall then goes to his 12" disk sander - BTW,
I see you cleaned up that typo . His video shows the whole process he
goes through to get his sanding sled to yield near perfectly angled
repeating pieces - that's why I recommend the video.

Yes, I did. And I made it not once, but twice - both in relation to
powered machinery. :-o

I'll definitely look for the video.

I've had the opportunity to view Curt's work twice in the last year and
a half or so. His segmenting joints are amazing - there's not a thick
glue line anywhere and every row lines up so well with what's above and
below.

I'm sure seeing this in person is all the more amazing.
I'm a perfectionist as well. I just have no talent...

Oh yes, there's another fellow, Malcolm Tibbetts, who has a new book out
on his segmenting. He's doing some very intricate pieces that will just
amaze you:

http://www.tahoeturner.com/gallery/26.html (And this is one of his
more tame pieces.)

WOW! Amazing stuff. Much of which I would never have thought of as
turned goods. And I wonder about the lamp shades - would they hold
up, or are they something you turn on for 5 minutes to wow the guests?

As always, Thanks,

Greg G.