Greg G.

Default Efficient security or Keystone Cops

Charlie Self said:

From an email, called Junk Mail from Bob:

Terrorists are Everywhere!

snip of remainder of ridiculous 'security' related stories

I'm waiting for paint to dry... so....

I swear, it's absurd. We spent over an hour languishing around the
San Francisco Airport last year because the snap in the better half's
bra set off a detector. I was pulled for a rivet on my tennis shoe.

Doesn't anyone actually calibrate these things?

[/RANT]

And to top it off, I don't think it makes us a darned bit safer - just
annoyed and inconvenienced. Just a show for the public - something to
put a scare into them, and then convince them that everything is all
right because Uncle Sam is watching out for you - it would help
considerably if Uncle would stop ****ing people off.

For that matter, you can make a weapon out of just about anything -
what then? Are we going to fly people around stark naked for fear
that they might conceal something? Hey, let's do cavity searches...

We cannot continue to walk in fear - and I think it would behoove some
to consider what the passenger of one plane did. I guarantee you the
next time somebody pulls something like that, they will ALL take out
the terrorist. They've been knocked from the pedestal of "it can't
happen here".

Inspections, yes - but this is... well... don't get me started.

[/RANT]

SWMBO flies WAY more than I am will to. I'm not particularly fond of
air travel. Yes, you get there fast, but what about all the neat
stuff you just dumped a bunch of carbon particles on and missed. And
some of those planes...

But every time she gets on a plane, I still worry.

Greg G.