Anthony

Default ANQOTD: Coolant or oil?

"Gil HASH" wrote in
:

Another Newbie's Question Of The Day

Hello all
After broken my piggy bank for a lathe and a mill (actually sailing on
a boat to reunion island) I have no more money for the magnificent
coolant tank and pump and I ask an another newbie question :
Can I do all metalworking without this item and how can I proceed?
Can I use manually some drops of special mix with water or entire oil?
What sort of oil?

A spray mist system is easily made from scrap parts, provided you have
an air compressor. You need 2 small valves, some small copper tubing, a
bucket or can, and a T or Y fitting for the copper tubing. (You don't
even need the fitting if you are good with a file, and can
braze/solder.)

You can get 1 gal concentrates of soluble oil for use with it.

As others have said, you can also use a squirt bottle from the
kitchen/bathroom.

--
Anthony

better idiots.