John Rumm

Default HIPs: good thing, or bad?

MM wrote:

But the government has said that the HIP must contain details of local
searches, and that is something that you just cannot get round. I had
to pay £135 for mine. Mind you, this could show that the government,
as ever, haven't thought through the fine details yet.

or as usual they will achieve the opposite of what they set out to do!

I expect some of the bigger conveyancing firms - people like
"movewithus" etc will imply do a no sale no fee HIP pack. Bargain
basement survey etc put together but with the fee deferred until after
the sale. The vendor will no doubt add the fee to the amount asked for
the house, the buyer will not trust the vendors survey and pay for it
again. So everyone pays twice for the same thing, more paperwork, and
happy lawyers! You could be lead to the impression that there is some
connection between government and lawyers... oh hang on a mo...

--
Cheers,

John.