Charlie S.

Default can't get 24"-wide insulation. what can i do?

"flipper" wrote in message
oups.com...
in my garage conversion, the studs in the two inner walls -- i.e. walls
between the outside two bays of the garage -- are about 24" apart. i
was planning on using r13 insulation batts but come to find out that in
my area literally no one has r13 in that size, nor can they get it.
it's 15" or nothing for the 2x4s. so:

how much insulating power am i giving up by going to r11, which i can
get in the right width? remember: these are inner walls; but the space
on either side is unheated.

or maybe i could get the 15" stuff and use 1 1/2 batts per opening?

or i could add more studs.

what do you think?

I don't know if this link will work for you. Found 23 inch fiberglass on
their site.

Searched the Owenscorning.com web site... (see link below). They sell r13
in the 23" size.

Before reaching this final site the company's search indicated that some
insulation is sold only in certain geographical areas. You may call and
them tell them about your problem. Maybe they'd be willing to help you out.

http://www.owenscorning.com/around/i...ducts/pfgi.asp