Default New sink nightmare

On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 16:17:25 GMT, in misc.consumers.house "Lady"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 14:47:09 -0500, in misc.consumers.house "Don
Phillipson"
wrote:

wrote in message

The plumber purchased the sink.

It took 3 dozen posts before the thread provided this
information. . . .
Since the plumber bought the sink to match the
countertop, and failed to fit it accurately, he may
be held responsible for either repair or replacement.

The way I see it the plumber destroyed my counter top.

exactly --- UNLESS -- he told you it was too small and how he would "work
around it" and you signed something saying this was ok - then you are
responsible

He brought the sink took out the old sink showed me a 1mm gap and said he would
caulk it. He's a plumber who claims to have 30 years experience and he charges
$80 per hour. I was not even sure why he was showing it to me. He never
explained that it could be a problem. I'm not a plumber.

He should have know that it would not work. Instead he hoped he could get away
with it. Well I've not been billed yet. The estimate for the sink and some
repairs to the bathtub faucet was over $500.00.