Dave

Default Magnetic Indicator Stands

DeepDiver wrote:

I suspect part of your problem is that you are using the wrong tool(s) for
the job. Again, it would help to know what it is you're trying to
accomplish, rather than simply what you are doing. Are you trying to set up
a part in a machine (e.g., centering a round part in a lathe chuck)? Or are
you trying to take dimensional measurements?

In any case, if you are using the pressure from the indicator on the part to
help support and stabilize your magnetic base, then that is one of your
problems.

- Michael

Are you suggesting there are several types of magnetic bases an I am
using the wrong one? When I am measuring the part I don't notice that
the indicator pressure is keeping it upright because it is in place and
also I have my hand on it. As far as what I am attempting to accomplish
I am obviously verifying the part is flat on the table or checking
differential heights on the workpiece.