joe2 joe2 is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Boettcher
On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 21:41:12 -0500, wrote:
... Your saw, with the exception of the WEG motor was manufactured in the
USA. The machining, sheet metal fabrication, welding, painting,
assembly were all done in America. ...

I’m very new to woodworking, started with a Delta Unisaw, very pleased with my decision, have called Delta’s tech support a couple of times with very satisfactory results. During one of the calls I asked if the Unisaw was still made in the US, the answer was that some parts are and some aren’t. The person I was speaking with has worked for Delta for a little less than 20-years, used to work on a line making parts for the Unisaw, but those parts are now made overseas. I didn’t ask what the parts were. From what I was told I presume there is more of a Unisaw than just a motor that is imported. Fwiw, nowhere in any of the Unisaw literature that I have seen does it say “Made in America”. The cardboard box that covered my brand new Unisaw (it was bolted to a pallet) is printed with “Made in America of foreign and domestic parts.”