BigD

Default Suggestions for production plywood cutting required.

Thanks for the response.

I'm in the preliminaries of putting together the game plan but here's what I
have:

[1] How big are the house panels and what materials in what sizes and
shapes are you wanting to cut?

standard 4'x8' sheets

[2] Do you want to automate just the cutting - or do you want
assembly, too?

initially no until I can prove the market and am up and running
and more experienced with which tools justify their cost

[3] What is your panel per day/hour/minute/second target?

again - too early to tell

[4] How much are you _willing_ to spend? :-)

how long is a piece of string? I was looking at initial start-up
of between $50k - $100k to include everything. I'd prefer something a little
more labour intensive at the start and then upgrade at a later date.

My last business was a stainless shop and I made the mistake of following my
ex-partner's suggestions on what tools to purchase, we bought all new
equipment which most of we barely used or could have purchases on the used
market for 25% .... but we still made very nice breweries. So am trying to
get a feel for what is out there (prior to sticking my foot in my mouth) and
what each level of automation costs/ production output.

Regards,

Darryl

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
BigD (in KGoaf.399662$tl2.384079@pd7tw3no) said:

| Hello All,
|
| I'm costing putting together a company to manufacture house panels
| and am looking for tool suggestions for cutting plywood & particle
| board in various configurations in a production type atmosphere
| (ie. preferably automated). Any suggestions on where to start my
| research would be greatly appreciated.

I'd suggest you start by narrowing the problem:

[1] How big are the house panels and what materials in what sizes and
shapes are you wanting to cut?
[2] Do you want to automate just the cutting - or do you want
assembly, too?
[3] What is your panel per day/hour/minute/second target?
[4] How much are you _willing_ to spend? :-)

It's fairly difficult to provide a meaningful answer without that
information.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar