Bill B

Default Delta Mortising Attachment for Ridgid Drill Press

Tim Sauerwein wrote:
I have a Ridgid Drill Press I bought two years ago. It's a floor
standing model, I think the size is 13". I'd like to get a mortising
attachment and thought the Delta one would work. The Delta says it is
for quills measuring 66mm, 50.8mm, 48mm and 38mm. My Drill press quill
is 2 3/8" which is about 60mm. Woudl this fit?

Does anyone have experience with using a mortising attachment on a
Ridgid drill press? I know on the ridgid website there is a mortising
attachment, but i couldn't get info on how to order it.

Thanks
Tim

HD usually has them stocked in the store. I have one. It works, and
that's about all. For a few mortises it's OK. You don't have much down
force with a drill press.

Ended up buying a dedicated machine. Mucho better.

--
Bill Berglin

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid
in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming, 'WOW! What A RIDE!!" ... Unknown