John Laird

Default blocks of stuff in drain out of washing machine

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 10:55:23 GMT, "j west +++"
wrote:

hi, whilst renewing the bath outlet pipe, i noticed in the drain (used by
the washing machine) a very large congealed chunk of white crumbley powdery
stuff. i'm pretty sure it is formed from unused washing powder that has
passed through our washing machine (AEG oko-lavamat 610). Since it has the
same texture and appearance as the lumps you find in the washing powder
packet. ie persil colour care. the powder is put in a plastic ball and
placed in the machine. but large chunks of stuff in the drain, cannot be
right?

anyone any idea what's going on here please?

I find it hard to believe a lump of washing powder could have survived a
journey around the inner drum, through the small gaps between that and the
outer drum, past the pump impellor and filter trap, and out the outlet hose.

Otoh, small particles could do so and then coalesce into a larger lump. I
prefer to use tablets in the drawer - no measuring or thinking required,
which suits thickies like me.

--
Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Mail john rather than nospam...