Frank Boettcher

Default Initial review of the Delta Left Tilt Unisaw w 50" Beismeyer - refurb - (LONG)

On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 01:15:48 GMT, Ba r r y
wrote:

On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 16:20:25 -0600, Frank Boettcher
wrote:

The last Unisaw was manufactured in the Tupelo factory (Under my watch
so to speak) was in May of 2004.

So you were there when my DJ-20 and X5 Bandsaw were made? Both were
missing large, heavy, metal parts.

Tell me, how can a radio control car kit manufacturer, like Team Losi
http://www.teamlosi.com/ or Team Associated
http://www.teamassociated.com/, weigh a box and tell if a (2) 3mm
screws are missing from a 10 pound box (hint, they can...), but Delta
can't tell if a box is missing 10 or 25 pound from a 100 pound box?

It seems that every box should weigh very nearly the same. Perhaps
Delta needs to weigh boxes before shipment. G

Unfortunately it was submerged by
Hurricane Katrina and is slowly being recovered.

I wish you luck cleaning up after the hurricane. What a mess...

Barry

Well Barry, the DJ-20 was never made in the Tupelo plant. A very good
machine with a unique design, however, originally manufactured at
Invicta in Brazil and then moved to Taiwan.

As for the X5 band saw a serial number and details about the missing
items, would be handy to determine where and when it was manufactured
and what might have happened.

Frank