Banty

Default New sink nightmare

In article ,
says...

On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 14:47:09 -0500, in misc.consumers.house "Don Phillipson"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..

The plumber purchased the sink.

It took 3 dozen posts before the thread provided this
information. . . .
Since the plumber bought the sink to match the
countertop, and failed to fit it accurately, he may
be held responsible for either repair or replacement.

The way I see it the plumber destroyed my counter top.

OK, so now that after - what, how many days it was since you first posted? -
you've told us this ESSENTIAL detail, that the *plumber* chose the sink, and
someone now agrees with you, you're going to go all "wahh-wahhh-WAAhhh" on us?
You want to stick the cost of the counter on the plumber - right?

This probably figures into why the plumber did agree to repeat the work for
free.

But my question is - why are you going through so much churn and agita about
this?

Is there someone else in your household that can handle this sort of thing (not
the repair, procuring the labor and expertise for the repair.)? Who would have
a little more of a handle as to what decisions to make, and what the important
facts and factors are?

If I were you, I'd even consider choosing a sink of my own, getting a new and
possibly upgraded countertop (since you don't like the one you have anyway) and
the sink installed by someone else, and be done with it. And enjoy that
product, more liek what I really want. And let all this other stuff be water
under the bridge. But then, I'm not normally out to prove anything and don't
try to cheap out of things.

Banty