Frank Boettcher

Default Initial review of the Delta Left Tilt Unisaw w 50" Beismeyer - refurb - (LONG)

On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 01:36:36 -0500, Greg wrote:

Missed this one first time around but it deserves comment

Wes Stewart said:

In your case, I might suggest that you purchase another brand if you
are so dissatisfied.

Whenever I've gotten this recommedation, I always take them up on it.

I have already done so.

Even though he is not a representative of Delta at this time, I did
take him at his word that they were repaired with quality in mind.

It was, however, refurbished on his watch, according to the September
28, 2004 refurb date. So... there you have it - lip service.

The last Unisaw was manufactured in the Tupelo factory (Under my watch
so to speak) was in May of 2004. I own the saw. It was signed by
each person who worked on it. Unfortunately it was submerged by
Hurricane Katrina and is slowly being recovered. If you want
verification you can go to yahoo groups, deltawoodworking, pictures,
last unisaw and see for yourself. There are no 19 year old trolls, or
trained monkeys in the picture, only a dedicated group of people who
averaged 30+ years of service.

The last refurb on Unisaws was done in Tupelo (under my watch) in the
same month.

From that point the refurb was transferred to Jackson, TN, not under
my watch. My assmumption was that they were similarly re

From May until the plant was finally closed in March of 2005 the
Tupelo facility was only manufacturing castings for the U.S. made
product.

I could immediately tell that it was not refurbed under my watch
because it was reboxed. We did not do that. We put the saw
completely together, aligned it, tested it under power then strapped
it to an oversize pallet and waited for the distributor to pick it up.
We refused to ship our refurb LTL. The dealer you bought your saw
from will verify this and the level of quality that came from my
refurb operation. He wanted to hired my refurb leadman. His name is
Jerry.

And, following up on one of your comments in an earlier post, I do not
own stock in Delta (would be Black & Decker now) and am not paid by
them in any way shape or form.

I am terribly sorry that your saw was problematic and you feel that
you were not treated fairly by your dealer and by Delta. I hope you
find what you want.

Frank
\

Heck, for all I know, he is a 19 year old

One can only wish

troll who isn't really who
he claims to be - this IS Usenet. But I don't believe so.

Don't get me wrong, aside from one emotional off-color comment,

?????
still think he is OK, and has something to contribute to the group.

I'm so relieved.

To be honest, I had never seen one of his posts due to a hiatus from
the group, and have only recently returned.
(It's fall now, it's just too darned hot-n-humid out there in the
middle of a southern summer. Too many other things to do.)

BTW, 14 months ago I posted the following:

.........snip of agony...
End quote. Non-editorial mode -off-.

It appears to me that Greg has been fair and balanced.

Ugghh.... Please, don't use that PARTICULAR expression... ;-)

Greg G.