Enoch Root

Default what kind of wood is this?

RampRat wrote:
Looks to me like lacewood. Do a Google image search for lacewood and
compare.

Hi Rick,

Thanks... I looked around and I don't think that's what it is. The
strip is about 7/8" wide if that's any help.

The wood has a very open grain, and the pale ares are, near as I can
determine, pores of much softer wood.

The wood is much darker than what google's showing me of lacewood.

I guess a shaving isn't a very good way to show the wood. Maybe this is
better:

http://www.xenius.org/tsudonimh/20051103/cw-close.jpg

Even that: it probably looks more like what your eyes see if you have
the zoom on the picture set to about 33%. It's dark, it doesn't seem
stripey or dotted if you just look at it... unless you look close.

er
--
I call it rosewood in polite company--I call it chairwood when I'm alone.