Apteryx

Default Making a flat strong collapsing table

Thanks Steve

The Ikea folding legs seem a good idea. I've searched their website but
can't find anything but trestle legs. Can you give a me a link?

Cheers

Drew

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
.. .
Apteryx wrote:

Is there a better way to secure these hinges without increasing the flat
height?

Screws, or since the material is very thin, machine screws (nut and
"bolt") with a countersunk head put through from top of the table and
then through the holes in the hinge. Use countersunk heads so that the
scre sits flush with the surface.

Is there a better material to use than 4mm 3-ply that's fairly cheap?

No, 4mm 3ply sounds too thin TBH.

Is there a better construct?

A cheap and easy solution is to use the folding legs from Ikea. These
can be attached to any bit of material to use as a table top. The legs
are lightweight and have a stay to hold them in place when folded out.

I've made several folding tables for my wife this way using 9mm ply.

friendly advice in a flame-free environment.